UWAY Firmware Updates
UWAY releases firmware updates for cameras when appropriate.
Although firmware updates are easy to perform by the customer, there is no need to perform the update unless the camera is not performing as to specific cases listed below. If you are in question about the firmware version on your camera, please email us with the firmware version and we will determine if a firmware update is required.
Firmware version can be found in the camera menu under ‘Camera Information’.
- UWAY MB500:
- Updates to the Rogers network in the summer of 2014 may prevent the camera from sending pictures without a firmware update. The MB500 will require firmware version 140926 in order to work properly on Rogers Canada network.
- UWAY MB600:
- Updates to the Rogers network in the summer of 2014 may prevent the camera from sending pictures without a firmware update.
- An earlier firmware version may prevent the camera from receiving text message commands in some areas and may require a new update.
- If the camera fails to save settings after entering them into menu it will require a new firmware update.
- UWAY Kobra:
- If you desire to delete individual photos on the camera while in playback mode you will need an update.